Reiki Symbols and What They Are
Reiki symbols are used in the ancient healing practice that is based on the idea that energy can be transferred through touch – thus jumpstarting mental, emotional, and physical healing processes. The Reiki symbols are the most important and the most interesting element of Reiki! Karen Harrison at Whole Life Center in Kansas City has a mission to enable others to grow on a physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional levels. With her as your guide she will empower others to create open, honest, and loving relationships through life.
Reiki symbols allow students to take their Reiki practice to the next step by allowing them to take Reiki energy and use it for a specific purpose. Most symbols really only affect the subconscious, but Reiki symbols work differently – they alert the mind and the body to connect to the specific energy of each symbol. Practitioners can visualize Reiki symbols, draw them, and even say their names out loud to active the Reiki symbols. As long as intention is used during the activation process – it’ll happen.
So now, let’s talk about what the Reiki symbols are, what they mean, and what you should know about them:
- The Power Symbol.
- This Reiki symbol is used to increase or release blockages.
- It is identified with the drawing of a coil that represents chi – the transfer of energy through the body.
- It is commonly used at the start of a Reiki session to boost Reiki power and at any point it is needed.
- This can also be called on when working to clear negative energy.
- The Harmony Symbol.
- Used when in need of purification, and mental and emotional balance
- The general meaning is ‘God and man become one’
- Drawing of this Reiki symbol resembles a wave cresting and ready to crash, or a bird’s wing.
- Often thought of as relationship help in addition to harmony
- This Reiki symbol is good for memory, kicking bad habits or additions, or aiding in physical ailments that have an emotional component.
- The Distance Symbol.
- The general meaning of this symbol is different from the other Reiki symbols; ‘having no present, past or future’
- Used to send Reiki energy across time and space
- Can be used to heal old wounds, or send out Reiki to the future ahead of events in order to manifest the best results.
- Reiki experts say to call on this symbol on a day-to-day basis to encourage past and future healing within one’s body
- The Master Symbol.
- Nourishing and enlightening, and one of the most sacred of all Reiki symbols
- The healing powers of this Reiki symbol are all encompassing – healing the upper chakras, the aura, and the soul as a whole.
- This is the empowerment symbol meaning ‘great enlightenment’ or ‘bright shining light’
- To call this Reiki symbol you can draw it, visualize it, or draw it with your third eye. Meditation is a good way to activate this symbol.
- Holy Fire® symbol
- The Holy Fire® symbol represents spiritual fire, and is used to clear malicious spirits, release negative energy, and promote healing.
- It is the most powerful Reiki symbol, representing the Holy Spirit and the practitioner’s connection to God.
- It provides purification, healing, empowerment, and guidance.
Each of the Reiki symbols have their own properties – but can be used together to promote healing, alleviate stress, eliminate negative energy, and banish bad feelings. If you are interested in learning more about Reiki symbols or how to use them contact us at the Whole Life Center at (816) 523-4440 and we would love to help you on your journey to discover life!