How Does Reiki Healing Work?
Have you ever found yourself wondering how Reiki healing works? Energy healing is a form of therapy in which powerful Divine energy brings about healing and alleviates different afflictions of the mind, body, and spirit. Reiki healing is delivered through touch – by laying on hands or through distance, as in prayer. When a person is experiencing physical, mental, or emotional disharmony or illness, a holistic approach to healing can restore health and overall wellness. Karen Harrison can perform Reiki healing on you as well – call today!
Reiki is spiritually guided life force energy. Spiritual healing has been practiced in various cultures and religions for thousands of years. Reiki healing is based on the idea that the body has an innate ability to heal itself and that by activating this natural healing process, physical, emotional, and spiritual imbalances can be cleared. The word “Reiki” is a combination of two Japanese words: “rei,” which means universal, and “ki,” which means life energy or vital force. Reiki means “universal life energy.” Reiki healing is based on the idea that everything is energy and that when this energy is blocked or stagnant, it can lead to physical, emotional, and spiritual imbalances. Within Reiki healing, we are working with the power of God/Creator/Source to access higher levels of healing. Here’s a brief overview of how Reiki healing generally works:
· Practitioners believe that a universal life force energy flows through all living beings and is essential for maintaining health and vitality. In various cultures, this energy is called “Qi” in Traditional Chinese Medicine or “Prana” in Ayurveda.
· Reiki practitioners are attuned to this life force energy, allowing them to act as channels or conduits for its flow. They don’t use their energy; instead, they tap into the universal power and direct it toward the recipient.
· During a Reiki session, the recipient usually sits comfortably and fully clothed. The practitioner places their hands gently on or slightly above specific body areas, following a systematic pattern or intuitively focusing on areas that need attention. These hand positions facilitate energy flow and promote healing.
· The practitioner intends to balance the energy centers (chakras) and clear any energy blockages disrupting the natural flow of energy. Such blockages can lead to physical or emotional imbalances and contribute to ailments.
· Reiki helps induce a deep state of relaxation in the recipient. Stress reduction and relaxation are vital for healing, as the body’s natural healing mechanisms are more effective when the individual is relaxed.
· Reiki is considered a holistic healing practice, which addresses the whole person—mind, body, and spirit. It is not meant to replace conventional medical treatments but can complement them by supporting the body’s natural healing processes.
A Reiki practitioner can send healing energy at a distance and back to heal an issue or forward in time to help manifest good results. For example, we often send Reiki before surgery, intending the surgery be a success. A Reiki practitioner uses Reiki healing to consciously direct universal life energy that affects the electromagnetic fields surrounding the person to bring about balance and stimulate their body’s natural healing ability.
Karen Harrison is a Senior Licensed Reiki Master Teacher with the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT) and teaches all levels of Usui / Holy Fire® III Reiki, including Holy Fire® III Karuna Reiki® Master. She is also a Co-Director of the Licensed Reiki Master Teacher Training Program for the ICRT and a Mentor Teacher. Karen has written numerous articles for the Reiki News Magazine; you can find those on the Reiki Articles page. She began studying Reiki in 1993 and has studied with several ICRT teachers and Japanese Reiki Masters; Hiroshi Doi, Hyakuten Inamoto, and Mrs. Chiyoko Yamaguchi. In addition to her Reiki practice, she is licensed as a Professional Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist and was on the Spiritual Counseling Staff of Unity Church of Overland Park, Kansas, for 22 years. Karen’s mission as a Reiki practitioner is to empower others to heal physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. You can read more about Karen and her story on her website.
Our bodies have energy that flows through channels known as meridians or chakras. When this energy flow is disrupted or blocked, it can cause imbalances that can manifest as physical, emotional, or spiritual symptoms. If you want to learn more about Reiki healing, the art of Reiki, or any other topics surrounding your emotional, spiritual, and physical health, contact the Whole Life Center in Kansas City at (816) 523-4440.