Reiki Classes: What is Reiki?
Reiki classes in Kansas City teach the practice of Reiki, a form of energy healing. So, what exactly is Reiki, and what does it mean? The word is a noun, pronounced ray-key. Reiki is of Japanese origin – Rei, meaning spiritual consciousness, and Ki, which means life force energy. It helps a person’s natural ability to heal physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Reiki is a simple, natural, and safe method everyone can use. Karen Harrison teaches Reiki classes at Whole Life Center in Kansas City – sign up for one today!
In its simplest definition, Reiki is a natural, spiritually guided, life force energy alternative health practitioners and therapists use to channel healing energy into a person by touch. It is not traditional massage; however, it can be added to massage. It is a non-invasive, non-physical healing technique. It can be applied through the intention to restore Ki. Reiki compliments all other healing methods. Reiki promotes the healing of every known illness and reduces stress. Reiki is a subtle channeling of Ki, through touch, to restore balance in a person when their energy becomes weak or is blocked. The energy does not come from the practitioner’s personal ability or experience, nor is it affiliated with a particular religious belief or practice. The energy comes through the practitioner from God/Source. If you’ve ever wanted to take Reiki classes to expand your knowledge, no matter the level you’re currently at, look no further than Karen Harrison at the Whole Life Center. Karen Harrison offers Reiki classes in Kansas City from beginner to mastery levels. The classes offered are as follows:
- Beginning Reiki Classes – Usui/Holy Fire III, Reiki I and Reiki II: Reiki 1 and 2 are taught together during a two-day intensive. This class is a combination of lectures, experience, and discussion. You’ll receive practice time to practice using all the techniques as well.
- ICRT Animal Reiki I & II: a two-day workshop where you will learn to offer Animal Reiki to all species of animals. This energy differs from human Reiki as it includes the Animal Reiki Placement. To take this Reiki class, you must complete level 2 Reiki.
- USUI/Holy Fire III Reiki Master: This course is intended for a Reiki practitioner wanting to strengthen their healing energy. By the end of the 3-day intensive, you can teach Reiki I through master – if you so choose. This class requires six months of practice at the Reiki II level.
- ICRT Animal Reiki Master: this 3-day Reiki class provides Animal Reiki energy, plus tools and techniques needed to practice with animals and teach Animal Reiki with skill and expertise. Upon completion of this course, you can teach Animal Reiki I & II and master classes – both in person and online. The prerequisites for this course include completing Animal Reiki 1 and 2, as well as the human mastery level.
- Holy Fire III Karuna Reiki Master: This new form of Reiki introduced by the ICRT – both powerful but gentle and provides purification, healing, and guidance. Karuna, meaning “compassionate action,” is a profound, peaceful healing energy. You must have six months of practice and integration at the master level.
Karen’s Reiki classes fill super-fast, so hurry and register today! To register for the class you’re interested in, click on the date and location of the course you want to take in the calendar. This will take you to an online form with complete info about the class and online registration, where you can pay your deposit or payment in full. Here are some of the upcoming Reiki classes Karen is offering:
- Monday, May 8 – 7:00pm: Reiki Circle
- Monday, May 17 – 7:00pm Reiki Call
- Sunday, May 21: Reiki 1 and 2 online and in-person Kansas City, MO
- Monday, May 22 – 7:00pm: Reiki Circle
There are lots of classes to choose from with Karen in Kansas City. Whatever you decide to do – in-person or online Reiki classes, contact Whole Life Center of Kansas City. Contact us today at (913) 526-6556 or sign up online for one of our classes!